Why Should You Buy Ohio Health Insurance?
The cost of health care insurance continues to rise dramatically. If you do not have Ohio medical insurance to help pay bills, a serious injury or illness can be financially devastating to you and your family.
The most recent studies on bankruptcy show that approximately 50% of all personal bankruptcies are due to serious illness. Even if you are ill for only three to six months the bills for Ohio health care can total from $30,000 to $200,000 and much more in some cases.
If you don’t have Ohio health insurance coverage you can be exposed to high health care bills; or, if you have too little or the wrong kind of coverage, you won’t have enough protection. Add this to the bills you were unable to pay while unemployed and it is easy to see how bankruptcy occurs.
We’ve compiled some important questions to ask when buying health insurance to help you in this effort.
Cheap Health Insurance Ohio
Looking for Cheap Health Insurance in Ohio? We can help with competitive quotes from major carriers. This ensures you get the best Health Insurance coverage for the least amount of money.
Important Information About Ohio Health Insurance
What To Look For When Buying Ohio Health Insurance
- Be sure you feel confident working with the Ohio Health insurance agent and company you choose. It is a good idea to contact the Ohio state insurance department and check that the agent and the company you are working with are licensed to sell insurance in Ohio.
- Learn what kinds of Ohio Health Insurance policies will provide what you need and pick the one best for you. For tips on what questions to ask go to our list of Important Questions when buying Health Insurance. Don’t hesitate to shop around and ask a lot of questions.
- Do not sign an application for Ohio Health Insurance until you review it carefully to be sure the answers are complete and accurate. Make sure that the word insurance is actually used and that there is no disclaimer stating that, This product is not insurance, nor is it intended to replace insurance.
There are hundreds of insurance scams occurring around the country offering coverage for $50 to $130 to cover the whole family. Don’t get caught in a scam. If it sounds too good to be true, it’s too good to be true.
- When you buy an Ohio Health Insurance policy, make the check payable to the company, not the agent. Always pay by check or money order, and write your policy number on the payment. Do not give the agent your bank account number for automatic withdrawals until you have verified the agent and Ohio Health Insurance company background information.
- Ask for a receipt for all Ohio Health Insurance payments. The receipt should include your policy number, the date of payment and the name of the Ohio Health Insurance Company.
Tips for Avoiding Fraudulent Ohio Health Insurance Plans
- The best tool for avoiding fraud is your phone. Call your Ohio Health insurance department and find out whether the insurance agent and Ohio Health Insurance company are licensed in the state.
- Fraudulent plans are most often sold through direct mail solicitations, fax, radio ads or over the Internet, so be especially wary when responding to these solicitations.
- If an Ohio Health Insurance policy costs far less than what other companies are charging, this could be a warning sign. Its a good thing to comparison shop, but if a policy is significantly cheaper, beware. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Beware of an Ohio Health Insurance agent or company that:
- Refuses to provide proof of state licensure.
- Insists on cash payments or automatic withdrawal.
- States this is a one-time deal or your “last chance for special savings.”
- Boasts that the coverage is available to anyone, regardless of history or risk.
- Verbally states something is covered without showing you the details in a company publication.
- Tells you no other company provides this coverage or that the only other company is much more expensive.
- Tells you they can sell you any company but only has company publications for one company.
If you want to check the status of any company you can do so through the Ohio State Insurance office at National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
Health Insurance Annual Enrollment is from Nov. 1 through Dec. 15
Health Insurance Quotes
Low Cost Health Insurance Ohio
Individual, Family, Group and Small Business Health Insurance
We provide Affordable Low Cost Ohio HEALTH INSURANCE, OHIO LIFE INSURANCE and OHIO MEDICARE SUPPLEMENTS.
We have many companies for Ohio Small Business Health Insurance, Self Employed Health Insurance, Family Health Insurance, Individual Health Insurance and Disability Insurance.
We represent many different insurance carriers so our Agency and agents can provide the best value Health Insurance in Ohio available for individuals, families, self employed, group and small businesses.
There are many choices for Ohio Affordable Health Insurance Plans. If you are looking for health insurance for an Individual, Family, self employed or Business there is a Low Cost Health Insurance in Ohio health plan to fit your needs. Programs are available in Traditional, PPO, POS, HMO, HSA’s (Health Savings Accounts) or for Catastrophic occurrences.
You can use the instant quote buttons to get quotes from multiple insurance carriers and programs. We provide you with health insurance quotes from multiple Ohio Health Insurance companies.
We help you choose the health insurance company and health insurance plan that best fits your needs. If you are looking for Health Insurance for Ohio as an individual, family, small business, group or are self employed we can find an Affordable Health Insurance in Ohio healthcare plan to meet your budget.
Where to find more information on Ohio Healthcare and Health Insurance
If you would like more information on healthcare you can go to the U.S Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality at AHQR.
For a complete review of Ohio Health Insurance guidelines for Ohio Individual Health Insurance, Ohio Group Health Insurance, Cobra guidelines and more you can go to the Georgetown University publication for Ohio. The publication is titled “A Consumers Guide to Getting and Keeping Health Insurance in Ohio“.
Other Insurance Offerings
Put You & Your Family in Good Hands
Get In Touch
If you have questions or need assistance please contact us at the number below or by sending the following form. Thank you!
Allchoice, Inc. Insurance offers low cost health insurance, healthcare plans, health savings account, high deductible plans, life insurance, medicare supplements and long term care with instant quotes. We serve the following Ohio communities; Akron, Alliance, Ashland, Athens, Barberton, Beaver Creek, Bowling Green, Cambridge, Canton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Cleveland Heights, Columbus, Dayton, Elyria, Euclid, Findley, Huber Heights, Lakewood, Lancaster, Lima, Mansfield, Marion, Massillon, Middletown, Niles, Parma, Sandusky, Steubenville, Toledo, Troy, Warren, Wapakoneta, Wooster, Youngstown and many more.